Technology Transactions Associate/Counsel
August 6, 2019
Foley Hoag is seeking a lawyer with a minimum of four years of technology transactions experience for our Boston or New York offices. Candidates must have experience in the full range of agreements used by software, hardware and other technology companies to acquire or commercialize their intellectual property, technology, products and services, including in-bound and out-bound strategic license agreements; end user license agreements; software-as-a-service (SaaS), cloud service, consulting, and other services agreements; website terms of service; support and maintenance agreements; service level agreements; evaluation and beta license agreements; OEM, reseller and distributor agreements; and open source licenses.
Experience in any of the following areas would be a plus:
- Patent license agreements, both university and commercial.
- Trademark license agreements.
- Publishing agreements, copyright permissions and publicity releases.
- Privacy Policies, Information Security Agreements.
- Technology transactions support in reviewing IP provisions (representations and warranties, etc.) in stock purchase, merger and asset purchase agreements.
We staff transactions leanly, affording associates an opportunity for significant responsibility and excellent career development. Associates work one-on-one with partners, gain a depth of experience in a broad range of transactions, and get immediate client contact. Such experience has contributed to the firm’s consistently excellent rankings in national associate satisfaction surveys.