Tech Talk Tuesday: Building Dynamic Boards
Emerging Enterprise Center at Foley Hoag
Bay Colony Corporate Center, North Entrance
1000 Winter Street - Suite 4000
Waltham, MA 02451
March 23, 2010 7:30AM–9:30AM
The T3 program covers many of the facets of business and operational structures that technology and venture-backed companies need to be successful. In addition to financing, market opportunity, and a strong management team, the formation and balance of an effective board of directors is critical to the growth and resiliency in these challenging times.
In this T3 session a panel of CEOs/entrepreneurs, will share their best practices of building and maintaining effective boards.
Topics to be discussed:
- Board balance; maintaining a common strategy
- Reducing the inherent tension between management and investors
- Keeping the board strategically involved and contributing
- Best practices for preparing for board meetings
- Creating and attracting an effective mix of expertise within a board
- Benchmarking a board's effectiveness
- Axel Bichara, Partner, Atlas Venture
- Carl James Yankowski, CEO and Founder, Westerham Group LLC
- Jarrett Collins, Managing Director, NeoCarta Ventures, Inc.