Tech Talk Tuesday: Capital Markets Update
Bay Colony Corporate Center, North Entrance
1000 Winter Street - Suite 4000
Waltham, MA 02451
March 20, 2012 7:30AM–9:30AM
Are the economic doldrums of the past few years behind us? Has exit activity picked up? Is venture capital financing available?
Join us on March 20, 2012 when a panel of seasoned investment professionals and entrepreneurs will share their thoughts on the performance of capital markets in 2011 and the prospects for 2012.
Discussion will focus on topics such as the following:
- Did any industry sectors perform particularly well or particularly poorly?
- Are the prospects for any sectors particularly strong or particularly weak?
- Are both strategic and financial buyers back in the game?
- What types of financing are available to fund acquisitions by financial buyers?
- What are the trends in required debt-equity ratios?
- Have there been any noticeable shifts in non-financial deal terms?
- Which industry sectors have been in favor and which have been out of favor?
- Have either early stage or later stage deals predominated?
- What are the trends in valuations?
- Are some sectors overheating?
- What are the trends in key financing terms?
- What has been the environment for venture funds seeking to raise capital?
Following the presentations there will be a Q&A session to address questions from the audience.
- Andy Crain, Partner, Mirus Capital Advisors
- Scott Savitz, Executive Chairman, Smart Lunches LLC and Founder and former CEO, Shoebuy.com
- Dave Pierson, Partner and Chair of Venture Capital /Emerging Company Practice Group, Foley Hoag