Webinar: Trademark Protection and Enforcement in Europe
What the EU Trademark Reform Means for U.S. Companies
On March 23, 2016 the European Parliament’s new trademark reform package, featuring the new EU Trade Mark Regulation, came into effect. This ushered in a host of changes related to trademark protection and enforcement in the EU, many of which will impact how U.S. companies protect and enforce their brands throughout the EU.
Foley Hoag will present a 60-minute webinar on Thursday, April 14 at 1:00 pm EDT detailing what you need to know about this new trademark package and how U.S. companies can tailor their EU trademark strategies to take advantage of these new rules and regulations.
Topics to be discussed
- Updates to naming schemes and application processes
- New goods and services identification requirements
- Broader protection for nontraditional marks and certification marks
- Updates to national office cancellation/revocation proceedings
- Sweeping changes to litigation practice
- Strategies and best practices for U.S. companies
- Catherine Muyl, Partner, Foley Hoag
- Joshua Jarvis, Partner, Foley Hoag
- Alice Berendes, Associate, Foley Hoag