Small Business Investment Companies - Now is the Time
An Overlooked Economic Opportunity in Today’s Low Interest Rate Environment
Foley Hoag LLP
155 Seaport Boulevard
Boston, MA 02210-2600
Co-hosted by Foley Hoag LLP and RSM US LLP
Please join Foley Hoag LLP and RSM US LLP for a seminar on SBIC licensure, regulation and economics, followed by a networking reception with panelists and attendees.
Topics to be discussed:
- Economic benefits and opportunities of the SBIC Program.
- Review of changes in recent years to reduce the time and cost burdens of the licensure process.
- Recent regulatory changes have created regulatory relief for advisors to SBICs and other private funds, and a potential opportunity for venture capital and other private fund advisers to expand through the use of SBICs.
- Licensure and Regulatory Process Demystified: A View from the Inside and Practical Advice for Administration of an SBIC.
- A discussion of the current state of the SBIC program.
- Michael K. Wyatt, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP; former General Counsel of the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Jennifer Audeh, Attorney, Foley Hoag LLP
- Joshua Franklin, Chief Operating Officer & Chief Financial Officer, Crystal Financial
- Chris Hayes, General Counsel, Small Business Investor Alliance (SBIA)
- Bruce A. Kinn, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- Scott Mackey, Partner, RSM US LLP
- Brett Palmer, President, SBIA
- Robert G. Sawyer, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- Sal Shah, Partner, RSM US LLP