Webinar: Legal Ethics for In-House Trademark and Copyright Attorneys
While carrying out their responsibilities, attorneys must always take their ethical duty into account. Matters relating to intellectual property give rise to some special ethical considerations. A misstep can result in consequences that can be detrimental not only to the attorney, but to the client as well.
In this 60-minute webinar, designed exclusively for in-house counsel, you will learn how to spot ethical issues to protect yourself and your company from potentially irreversible consequences, as well as:
- What is the import of an oath accompanying a filing with the Patent and Trademark Office and who at the company should sign it?
- What are the rules of the road for investigating your adversaries?
- In any given circumstance, who exactly is “the client”?
- What your non-lawyer staff members can and cannot do when working on legal matters for the company.
We will explore the answers to these and other important ethical questions to consider the next time an intellectual property issue pops up in your practice.
- Peter A. Sullivan, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
CLE credit for this webinar is available in California and New York, and may be available in other states upon request; contact us for inquiries.