Ireland & Massachusetts: Synergies and Opportunities for Life Sciences
Presented by New England Healthcare Executive Network
Foley Hoag LLP
155 Seaport Boulevard
Boston, MA 02210-2600
This event is to draw attention to the highly synergistic regions of Massachusetts and Ireland as it relates to BioPharma, Medical Device/MedTech product development and manufacturing. We will bring a variety of perspectives from both sides to understand the value proposition presented for inward and outward investment to/from Ireland.
Join this future focused, visionary, and engaging blue ribbon panel of experts. Ask questions. Contribute your insights during the audience interactive segment.
- Ger Brophy, GM, Cell Therapy, GE Healthcare Life Sciences
Ger leads the Cell Therapy division of Life Sciences within GE Healthcare developing & commercializing products for autologous & allogenic cell therapy.
- Laura Hamilton, Executive VP, US Operations, RxCelerate Inc.; President, BIBA
Laura was born in Cork City, Ireland and resides in Boston; having strong business connections within life sciences in Massachusetts and Ireland.
- Dave Shanahan, President, BeaconHealth
Dave is the President of Partnerships at HealthBeacon, a medical adherence technology company developing smart tools for managing medication.
- Aiden O'Dwyer, President, US Operations, DPS Engineering
Aiden has full US operational responsibility for DPS' Architectural & Engineering design, and Construction Management.
Topics for Discussion
- The many benefits of expanding life science businesses into Ireland: Highly talented workforce, favorable tax rate, English speaking country with access to the Euro Zone, a great place to live, work, and invest,
- Ireland’s strengths: Medical Device/MedTech product development and BioManufacturing,
- Synergies between Ireland and Massachusetts, are encouraging indigenous Irish businesses to enter US market, by way of Massachusetts,
- Building on the past successes, where do the future opportunities lie?