Webinar: European Trademark and Design Basics for U.S. In-House Counsel
With many U.S. companies increasingly eyeing the global marketplace for their products and services, an understanding of U.S. intellectual property protection isn’t enough.
Foley Hoag will present a 60-minute webinar on Wednesday, October 25 at 12:30 pm EDT, offering guidance for in-house counsel regarding the basics of trademark and design protection in the European Union. Attendees will learn about the opportunities and pitfalls to be on the lookout for when looking to secure, protect, and enforce an IP portfolio overseas.
Topics to Be Discussed
- Acquiring and preserving trademark rights
- EUTMs vs. national registrations
- Consequences of Brexit
- Trademark clearance strategies
- Notorious trademarks
- Registered Community Designs (RCDs) vs. unregistered designs
- RCDs and U.S. design patents compared
- Policing and enforcement strategies
- Joshua Jarvis, Partner, Foley Hoag (Boston)
- Catherine Muyl, Partner, Foley Hoag (Paris)
- Marion Cavalier, Associate, Foley Hoag (Paris)
CLE credit for this webinar is available in California, New York, and may be available in other states upon request. Please contact us for details.