East/West Inter-Connection: Investment Opportunities for Vietnam and the U.S.
Foley Hoag LLP
Seaport West - 13th Floor
155 Seaport Boulevard
Boston, MA 02210-2600
April 7, 2018 9:30AM–1:00PM
East/West Inter-Connection: Investment Opportunities for Vietnam and the U.S. will gather together business executives and government officials from both Vietnam and the United States to discuss, network and explore investment opportunities in their respective countries. The conference will offer Vietnamese investors practical insight into the U.S. market and American investors the connections and resources necessary to succeed in their Vietnam-bound investments.
8:30 – 9:30: Breakfast
9:30 – 9:40: Welcome address from Foley Hoag’s representative(s)
9:40 – 9:50: Speech from HE Pham Quang Vinh, Ambassador of Vietnam to the U.S.
9:50 – 10:35: Panel discussion on the Vietnam market
Description: Overview of the Vietnam economy with a focus on airlines, telecommunication, real estate and retail sectors. Panelists will share their perspectives on the current growth of these industries, opportunities and challenges when expanding to the global market.
- Do Xuan Quang, CEO, Vietjet Air Cargo; Vice President, Vietjet Air
- Tran Quang Hung, Co-Founder UP Coworking Space
- Denny Cowger, CAO, Ortholite
10:35 – 11:10: Panel discussion on the investment opportunities in the U.S.
Description: Various options for foreign investors who are interested in investing in the U.S. Our panelists will provide you with insights into the U.S. stock market, international trade, and opportunities and challenges for foreign investors in the U.S.
- Tuyen Do, Managing Director, Wells Fargo Securities
- Ban Tran, President & CEO, Trans International
- Eduardo Mace, President, 18moons
11:10 - 11:55: Panel discussion startup investment trends in the U.S and Vietnam
Description: Emerging investment trends for startups in the U.S and Vietnam. Panelists will discuss important aspects of successful international startups and how international founders can capitalize on global audience and attract funding from foreign investors.
- Tuan Pham, Managing Director, Silicon Valley Bank
- Bill Brah, Managing Director, Venture Development Center, UMass Boston
- Mike Edelhart, Managing Partner, Social Starts
- Vivek Soni, Managing Director, TiE Boston Angels
- Hung Tran, Co-Founder and CTO, GotIt!