GDPR: Lessons Learned from the First Year
It's been nearly a year since the GDPR became enforceable. Now that the dust has settled, it is time to look back and see how and by whom these rules have been enforced. Foley Hoag will present a 60-minute webinar on Wednesday, April 24 at 11:00 am EDT that discusses the impact the rules have had on businesses.
In addition to learning the lessons of this past year, we will also look ahead at what to expect for the next year in GDPR compliance and enforcement.
Topics to be discussed:
- How many personal data breaches have been reported to Data Protection Authorities?
- What have been the consequences of these reports?
- How have individuals and groups of individuals sought to enforce the GDPR?
- How Data Protection Authorities have enforced the GDPR?
- Has the EU’s promise of the one-stop-shop for enforcement been kept?
- How the GDPR has been enforced between controllers and processors?
- What has the experience of the past year suggested for negotiating your data protection agreements?
- How has GDPR impacted US-EU data transfers?
- What should companies expect for the coming months?
- In particular, how will Brexit impact enforcement of the GDPR and privacy and security issues in the UK?