Advertising Class Actions for the Generalist In-House Counsel
Class action suits by consumers continue to be on the rise, especially in the false advertising area. Some recent rulings, especially in districts that have not been traditional class-action hotbeds, have made them more attractive to plaintiffs. But there are still effective strategies for defending these cases.
Foley Hoag will present a 60-minute webinar on Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 12:30 pm EDT, covering hot topics related to false advertising class actions, including:
- Subject matter of recent false advertising class actions
- Current tactics being used by plaintiff counsel to overcome obstacles to consumer class certification
- Developments in the case law relating to certification of multi-state classes and claims for injunctive relief
- Practical guidance on managing and defending consumer false advertising class actions
- Proper use of arbitration clauses to prevent class certification