Trade Secrets: What are They, and How Can You Protect Them?
Trade secrets can be among an organization’s most valuable assets but as a species of intellectual property, they are often poorly understood and inadequately protected. Trade secrets vary greatly, from cookie recipes to metal-working techniques to customer lists to search algorithms. But they share two characteristics -- they are not generally known to the public and they derive value from being kept a secret. This webinar will introduce you to strategies for identifying and protecting your organization’s trade secrets, and for mitigating the risk of finding yourself accused of using another’s trade secrets.
Topics to Be Discussed:
- Identifying trade secrets within an organization
- Establishing a foundation for trade secrecy through best practices in protecting information
- Strategies to protect trade secrets from improper disclosure and use
- Enforcement options for protecting trade secrets
- Avoiding third party risk for trade secret misappropriation
- Peter Sullivan, Partner, Intellectual Property Department, Foley Hoag LLP
- Marco Quina, Partner, Intellectual Property Department, Foley Hoag LLP
- Mital Patel, Associate, Foley Hoag LLP