Returning to Work in the COVID-19 Era
As states ease their stay-at-home orders and advisories and allow businesses to re-open, many workplaces are planning to return employees to work in a world that looks very different than the one that existed two months ago. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought new statutory and regulatory requirements with which employers must comply, and employers must find ways to return their employees to the workplace in a safe and organized manner.
Please join experienced labor and employment, privacy and healthcare attorneys from Foley Hoag LLP to discuss new legal obligations placed on employers and best practices for re-opening workplaces in a safe manner that continues to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Topics to Be Discussed:
- Workplace safety guidance for re-opening workplaces, including implementing social distancing plans, providing and/or mandating personal protective equipment, and other requirements;
- Best practices for medical inquiries in the workplace, such as taking employees' temperatures and implementing COVID-19 testing procedures;
- New paid leave obligations due to COVID-19;
- Accommodating disabled workers who may be at high risk for COVID-19-related complications; and
- Managing employees with new or increased caregiving responsibilities.