Data Breach Response: Discovery and Investigation
What are best practices for handling a data security incident? Every phase of a data security incident requires thoughtful and measured action – from discovery, to investigation, to post-investigation compliance. Even planning for an incident before it happens is important to lay the groundwork for the most effective response.
Please join Foley Hoag partners Chris Hart and Veronica Jennings to talk through best practices in responding to, investigating, and complying with your legal obligations arising out of a data security incident.
Topics will include:
- What constitutes a “breach” that creates compliance obligations
- Best practices in planning for incident response
- The most important things to do upon discovery of an incident
- Tips, and pitfalls, in breach investigations
- Communicating with law enforcement
- Compliance obligations
- Christopher Hart, Partner, Co-Chair, Privacy & Data Security Practice, Foley Hoag, LLP
- Veronica Jennings, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP