U.S. Government Compliance Enforcement: What's Happening, What's Coming, and What Businesses Should Be Thinking About
Geo-political tensions and a U.S. administration focused on applying an active ‘whole of Government’ approach to security, supply chain, and market integrity issues are driving increased compliance risk for companies operating globally. The past year has seen a measurable uptick in regulatory and enforcement activities across the spectrum of issue areas, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”), sanctions, money laundering, anti-trust, human rights, environmental, and investment and trade controls, among others. Recently, senior U.S. Department of Justice ("DOJ") officials have described a package of enforcement initiatives intended to drive focus on corporate compliance.
Join our panel of experienced global compliance investigators and advisors from Foley Hoag and Ankura Consulting, including former prosecutors, in-house investigations and compliance counsel, and third party compliance monitors and auditors, for a free, CLE-eligible webinar that will identify recent compliance enforcement trends, describe what to expect, and discuss practical strategies for navigating this enhanced risk environment.
- Overview of the policy environment and drivers for these developments
- Identification of recent significant regulatory developments in key issue areas
- Review and analysis of recent significant enforcement actions and trends, with particular focus on FCPA, trade controls, and sanctions
- Review and analysis of recent DOJ guidance on corporate compliance programs and enforcement priorities
- Lessons learned from recent consent and mitigation agreements
- Practical considerations and strategies for companies, advisors, and decision makers
- Anthony Mirenda, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- Luciano Racco, Counsel, Foley Hoag LLP
- Mark Ferzan, Senior Managing Director, Ankura
- Randy Cook, Senior Managing Director, Ankura
CLE credit for this webinar is available in California and New York. Please contact us for details.
This program is offering 1.5 CLE Credits in the Areas of Professional Practice category. This program is appropriate for both newly admitted attorneys and experienced attorneys.