Trademark and Advertising Basics for Cannabis Companies
Best Practices and Guidelines
Business is booming for cannabis ventures, but the legal landscape for brand protection and product advertising is rife with complications that demand special consideration. Companies should be paying attention to these issues out of the gate.
Foley Hoag will present a 60-minute webinar on Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 12:30 pm ET, covering a range of topics related to cannabis trademark protection and promotion of cannabis-related goods and services, including:
- Maximizing trademark rights at the federal and state level
- Leveraging alternative IP strategies for brands
- Advertising best practices and what not to say
- FDA regulation of cannabis and cannabis-derived products
- CBD, hemp, and the 2018 Farm Bill
- Multi-state regulatory regimes as complicating factors
- Joshua S. Jarvis, Partner, Co-Chair, Intellectual Property Department
- Natasha N. Reed, Partner, Co-Chair, Trademark, Copyright & Unfair Competition Practice
- Neil Austin, Partner, Co-Chair, Advertising & Marketing Practice
CLE credit for this webinar is available in California and New York. Please contact us for details.
This program is offering 1.0 CLE Credit hours in the Skills category. This program is appropriate for newly admitted attorneys and experienced attorneys.