Accelerating the Search for Cures: A New Paradigm
Original air date June 29, 2011 -- Presented by the 2011 BIO International Convention
The status quo is not yielding the treatments needed to address the growing epidemic of chronic disease and other serious medical conditions. How can we update the regulatory system to remove barriers to invention and provide greater predictability in the search for answers to unmet medical needs? This presentation will discuss ways to encourage scientific inquiry, reward innovation, and speed the review and approval of diagnostics and treatments, in particular those that address chronic conditions and other unmet medical needs.
- Paul Kim, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP (Moderator)
- Bruce Artim, Director of Federal Affairs, Eli Lilly and Company
- Marc Boutin, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, National Health Council
- Robert Egge, Vice President, Public Policy, Alzheimer’s Association
- Steve Gibson, Vice President, Government Relations and Public Affairs, ALS Association