State of Licensing 2011 Update
Original airdate April 27, 2011 -- Presented by the Biotechnology Industry Organization
Hear an update on one of the most popular sessions from the 2010 BIO International Convention. During this 90 minute webinar, Foley Hoag partner Hemmie Chang and a panel of expert speakers review current trends in licensing and collaboration deals and provide big pharma's insight into emerging areas for development and commercialization:
- How a company in the current climate can best position itself for potential partnering, licensing or funding transactions
- What strategies work best in approaching potential partners and licensors
- “Hot” areas such as personalized medicine and what role partnering has in building capabilities with diagnostics
The panel explores trends in emerging markets and what recent large academic collaborations indicate for the future. Will the trend toward different and bigger pharma-academic deals continue?
- Hemmie Chang, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- Ranya Dajani, Executive Director, BMS Strategic Transactions Group, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Mahmood Ladha, Executive Director, Regional & Corporate Business Development, Global SPBD, AstraZeneca
- Veronique Riethuisen, Transactions Lead – Primary Care BD, Pfizer Inc.
- R. Christopher Seaton, Senior V.P./Global Transactions, Bayer Healthcare
DOWNLOAD SLIDES (.pdf)