Webinar: Trademarks for the Generalist In‑House Counsel
Sponsored by Foley Hoag LLP
Trademarks, the core legal protection for the names of companies and their products and services, are powerful and potentially timeless intellectual property rights, but are also frequently misunderstood by attorneys and laypersons alike. In-house attorneys in particular are likely to encounter trademark issues on a day-to-day basis, and should therefore have a firm grasp of the basics in order to issue-spot and coordinate legal advice for their clients.
On July 26, 2016, Foley Hoag presented a webinar covering the essentials of what every generalist in‑house legal practitioner should know about trademarks.
- Establishing and maintaining trademark rights
- Choosing effective and protectable brand names
- The importance of early trademark clearance
- The U.S. federal trademark system
- The interplay between trademarks, domain names, and social media usernames
- The basics of trademark enforcement
- Julia Huston, Partner, Chair, Trademark, Copyright & Unfair Competition Practice, Foley Hoag LLP
Written materials are available upon request; contact us to obtain a copy of the handout.