Webinar: Internet Takedowns and Domain Name Disputes for the Generalist In-House Counsel
Sponsored by Foley Hoag LLP
As all aspects of business inexorably shift toward online, it is not surprising that intellectual property infringement, cybersquatting, and related internet abuses abound. Luckily, there are various procedures available by which aggrieved companies can seek relief short of litigation.
Foley Hoag presented a webinar offering guidance for in-house counsel regarding internet takedowns and domain name disputes, including identifying which procedures are available in which situations, along with the nuts and bolts of domain name disputes and complaint procedures on popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp.
- Issue-spotting infringement and cyber-abuse
- Social media complaint procedures and best practices
- DMCA takedown strategies and risks
- Search engine keywords and sponsored advertisements
- The unique challenge of online defamation
- Differences between domain name dispute resolution procedures
- When not to file takedowns or domain name complaints
- David Kluft, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- Joshua Jarvis, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- Anthony Rufo, Associate, Foley Hoag LLP
If you are in-house counsel and would like to receive a copy of the written materials containing talking points to accompany these slides, please contact us.