Solar + Storage
Presented by Foley Hoag LLP and NECEC
The energy storage market has taken off in the Northeast. In late 2017, Massachusetts announced $20 million in grants for 26 projects through the Baker-Polito Administration’s Advancing Commonwealth Energy Storage program, while New York Governor Andrew Cuomo recently commited to deploy 1,500 megawatts of storage by 2025. With storage finally here, communities and consumers are looking to marry solar with storage as a solution to reducing electricity costs, increasing grid resiliency and better-utilizing energy resources. Numerous NECEC Members are leading in this space in Massachusetts, New York and other states that have jump-started their energy storage markets.
- Mark Barnett, Co-Chair, Energy & Cleantech Group, Foley Hoag (moderator)
- Dan Berwick, General Manager - Energy Storage Division, Borrego Solar
- Ben Downing, VP New Market Development, Nexamp
- Becky Gallagher, Sr Analyst, Business Development, SunPower Corporation
New York Speakers
- Janet Gail Besser, Executive Vice President, NECEC (moderator)
- Jonathan Poor, Business Development - Energy Storage, ENGIE Storage (formerly Green Charge)
- Chris Rauscher, Director, Public Policy, Sunrun Inc.