Annual Labor & Employment Update:
A Look Beyond COVID-19
Each year Foley Hoag's Labor & Employment attorneys break down new labor and employment developments and provide insights on best practices. This year is no different. We know much of the focus has been on COVID-19 these past few months, but other important changes have taken place that we want to share with you.
Webinar Materials: Download the presentation here.
- The latest developments in labor and employment law
- Understanding the U.S. Department of Labor's new rules regarding overtime
- What's happening nationally with independent contractor issues
- Key employment decisions by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- Developments in Massachusetts and nationally on non-compete laws
- Update on reporting requirements to the EEOC (EEO-1)
- What employers need to know today about the Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave law
- What's new with the NLRB and how this impacts both union and non-union workplaces
- Brief summary of COVID-19 employment-related developments
- Allison Anderson, Associate, Foley Hoag LLP
- Jim Bucking, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- Jonathan Keselenko, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- Michael Rosen, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
Additionally, as we look toward the economy reopening, Foley Hoag's Labor & Employment attorneys will be hosting another seminar on May 26, 2020 exclusively dedicated to COVID-19 and what employers need to know about returning to work. Please look out for this invitation.