Data Breach Response: Discovery and Investigation
What are best practices for handling a data security incident? Every phase of a data security incident requires thoughtful and measured action – from discovery, to investigation, to post-investigation compliance. Even planning for an incident before it happens is important to lay the groundwork for the most effective response.
- What constitutes a “breach” that creates compliance obligations
- Best practices in planning for incident response
- The most important things to do upon discovery of an incident
- Tips, and pitfalls, in breach investigations
- Communicating with law enforcement
- Compliance obligations
- Christopher Hart, Partner, Co-Chair, Privacy & Data Security Practice, Foley Hoag, LLP
- Veronica Jennings, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
Click here to view the presentation materials.