WEBINAR: Trade Secrets: What are They, and How Can You Protect Them?
Trade secrets can be among an organization’s most valuable assets but as a species of intellectual property, they are often poorly understood and inadequately protected. Trade secrets vary greatly, from cookie recipes to metal-working techniques to customer lists to search algorithms. But they share two characteristics -- they are not generally known to the public and they derive value from being kept a secret. This webinar will introduce you to strategies for identifying and protecting your organization’s trade secrets, and for mitigating the risk of finding yourself accused of using another’s trade secrets.
- Identifying trade secrets within an organization
- Establishing a foundation for trade secrecy through best practices in protecting information
- Strategies to protect trade secrets from improper disclosure and use
- Enforcement options for protecting trade secrets
- Avoiding third party risk for trade secret misappropriation
- Peter Sullivan, Partner, Intellectual Property Department, Foley Hoag LLP
- Marco Quina, Partner, Intellectual Property Department, Foley Hoag LLP
- Mital Patel, Associate, Foley Hoag LLP