Securities Enforcement Under the Biden Administration
The SEC and DOJ are expected to take a more aggressive approach to enforcement of the federal securities laws under the Biden Administration.
As a result, we anticipate an uptick in investigations and charges against companies, private funds and individuals, across a range of areas, including:
- insider trading
- issuer financial reporting and disclosure
- investment adviser misconduct
- FCPA enforcement
- market manipulation
- Regulation Best Interest
Foley Hoag attorneys discuss the likely direction of enforcement in these areas by both agencies, including cooperation between the SEC and DOJ in pursuing investigations.
- Veronica Jennings, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- Matthew Miller, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- John Murray, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP