Healthcare Patents and Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is dramatically transforming healthcare practices like disease diagnosis, treatment recommendations, risk prediction, health monitoring through wearable devices, drug discovery, and even robotic surgery. In this webinar, we explored patent issues that arise when AI is used in healthcare, discussed inventorship where AI facilitates (or conceives) the claimed subject matter, provided patent prosecution tips on avoiding patent eligibility pitfalls, and reviewed hypothetical infringement challenges presented by the AI environment. In addition, we analyzed patenting trends in AI-based healthcare.
Download presentation materials here.
- Jeffrey I.D. Lewis, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- Peter Sullivan, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- Rajesh Vallabh, Counsel, Foley Hoag LLP
- Gilles Cruanes, Director of Sales, Questel
- Eric Moran, Manager, US Subject Matters Expert and Global Lead SME, Questel