Foley Hoag Ranks Among Top Companies in 2013 Boston Globe Survey of Best Workplaces
Only Law Firm in Massachusetts to Appear on List
November 19, 2013
Foley Hoag is again one of Boston area’s top places to work, according to the 2013 edition of the Boston Globe’s annual survey of the state’s best workplaces.
This marked Foley Hoag’s third consecutive year on the list, which appeared in the paper’s print edition on November 17. Additionally, Foley Hoag was the only law firm selected for inclusion. The firm earned the ranking from a written submission and confidential interviews with employees by an independent survey company.
Employees were asked to rank their employers on six factors:
- Direction – do employees have confidence in firm leadership and believe they operate ethically?
- Execution – do employees believe senior management know what to do to help the company succeed, are they sharing information, and are new ideas encouraged?
- Connection – do employers appreciate employees? Are employees confident about their future?
- Managers – do they help employees grow and learn? Do they care about employee concerns?
- Work – does the company offer training, encourage different viewpoints, offer opportunities, help workers balance career and family life, etc.?
- Pay and benefits – are employees fairly compensated, with good benefits?
Many of the firm’s Massachusetts-based client companies also appeared in the rankings, including Analysis Group, Biogen Idec, Blue Cross-Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Cell Signaling Technology, Cubist Pharmaceuticals, EMC Corporation, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Tufts Health Plan. Foley Hoag has nearly 400 partners and employees in Massachusetts.
“We are extremely happy to be recognized again by the Globe, and take great pride in providing a supportive, challenging and rewarding workplace that continues to attract the best workers in the state,” said Adam Kahn, co-managing partner at Foley Hoag. “Our employees are dedicated and talented; it is because of their daily efforts that the firm has earned this honor for a third year in a row. Foley Hoag’s outstanding work environment is also made possible by our involvement in cutting-edge industries such as life sciences, health care, technology, energy and finance, and by great clients - many of whom also appear on this year’s Top Places to Work list.”
About Foley Hoag LLP
Foley Hoag provides innovative, strategic legal services to public, private and government clients across the globe. We have premier capabilities in the life sciences, healthcare, technology, energy, professional services and private funds fields, and in cross-border disputes. The diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our lawyers and staff contribute to the exceptional service we deliver to clients ranging from startups to multinational companies to sovereign states. For more information, visit www.foleyhoag.com or follow @FoleyHoag on Twitter.