Foley Hoag Named a 2019 Regional Powerhouse by Law360
September 10, 2019
Foley Hoag LLP was once again named a Regional Powerhouse by Law360, joining Ropes & Gray, Skadden and WilmerHale in Massachusetts in earning this distinction. The U.S. Regional Powerhouses series honors leading firms in multiple states based on their significant recent accomplishments in their home region.
“We are honored to be named a Regional Powerhouse by Law360 for the second year in a row,” said Foley Hoag Co-Managing Partner Kenneth Leonetti. “It is very rewarding to see our efforts and subsequent results for our clients.”
The recognition reflects the complex litigation, transactional and other legal work performed for clients by Foley Hoag, and the results achieved, including the representations of:
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, in its trial victory against a Nobel Prize winner correcting the inventorship of groundbreaking cancer immunotherapy patents.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, in its $1.7 billion acquisition of Brammer Bio and its high-profile acquisition of Becton, Dickinson and Co.'s advanced bioprocessing business.
- Vineyard Wind, in its victorious bid to negotiate a power purchase agreement with Massachusetts' electric utilities, part of building North America's first utility-scale, offshore wind energy project.
- New England Treatment Access, as it opened the first adult-use cannabis store in Greater Boston and then through the regulatory process of its sale to Surterra Wellness.
- The City of Worcester, Massachusetts, in its successful negotiation to relocate the Pawtucket Red Sox, the AAA affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, to Central Massachusetts.
The full Law360 feature on Foley Hoag can be viewed here.
About Foley Hoag LLP
Foley Hoag provides innovative, strategic legal services to public, private and government clients across the globe. We have premier capabilities in the life sciences, healthcare, technology, energy, professional services and private funds fields, and in cross-border disputes. The diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our lawyers and staff contribute to the exceptional service we deliver to clients ranging from startups to multinational companies to sovereign states. For more information, visit www.foleyhoag.com or follow @FoleyHoag on Twitter.