Foley Hoag Receives Top Ranking in Public International Law by Chambers Global Guide 2020
Ten Attorneys Recognized as Ranked Individuals
February 21, 2020
Foley Hoag LLP has once again been given the top ranking in Public International Law by Chambers and Partners Global 2020. This marks the eighth consecutive year the firm has been ranked in Band 1, the highest rating bestowed by Chambers Global.
The firm also earned a Band 3 ranking in Business & Human Rights Law and International Arbitration (Latin America-wide); a Band 4 ranking in International Arbitration (USA); and a Band 5 ranking in International Arbitration (Global-wide) and International & Cross-Border Disputes (USA).
In the Public International Law category, Chambers Global reports that, according to clients, "The firm is very thorough in their analysis of any problem. We have always received the best advice we can hope for." Another client noted: "It is a top firm in international law and arbitration. The next generation of leaders at the firm are particularly promising."
In the Business & Human Rights Law category, one source said the firm is well regarded for its long-standing presence, describing it as "one of the earliest leaders in the practice."
In the Disputes (International & Cross-Border) category, one client said, "They are very good at representing states in investment arbitrations - they are highly regarded and know the jurisprudence very well."
The Foley Hoag attorneys recognized in the Global Guide 2020 include:
Public International Law – Global-wide
- Paul Reichler – Star Individual, given to lawyers with exceptional recommendations in their field (“extremely intelligent, formidable in litigation and always accessible. If there is anything like the Hall of Fame in the legal service, he should be the first legend to be enshrined there.”)
- Mark Clodfelter – ("a very good advocate.")
- Larry Martin – Band 2 ("I would always recommend him to deal with maritime boundary cases anywhere in the world.")
- Christina Hioureas – Up and Coming ("She is able to think like a lawyer, state representative, and a business person all at the same time and this is very unique and refreshing.")
Arbitration (International) – Latin America-wide
Business & Human Rights Law – Global-wide
- Gare Smith – Eminent Practitioners ("brilliant and hugely experienced," "fundamental in building the [firm's] human rights practice.")
Dispute Resolution – Ecuador
- Alberto Wray – Expertise Based Abroad in USA (garners "very good results.")
General Business Law – Madagascar
- Hery Frédéric Ranjeva – Expertise Based Abroad in France
- Andrea Pinna – France
- Daniel Schimmel – USA, Foreign Expert for France (noted for his "dual background in French and American law, which can be very useful for guiding French companies with disputes in the US or vice versa.")
Labor & Employment – USA
- James Bucking – ("excellent," "He knows his stuff, he's personable and he's deeply involved in the labour and employment community.")
Litigation – USA
- Alberto Wray – Foreign Expert for Ecuador
About Foley Hoag LLP
Foley Hoag provides innovative, strategic legal services to public, private and government clients across the globe. We have premier capabilities in the life sciences, healthcare, technology, energy, professional services and private funds fields, and in cross-border disputes. The diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our lawyers and staff contribute to the exceptional senior level service we deliver to clients ranging from startups to multinational companies to sovereign states. For more information, visit www.foleyhoag.com or follow @FoleyHoag on Twitter.