Foley Hoag Receives Top Ranking in Public International Law by Chambers Global Guide 2021
Eight Attorneys Recognized as Ranked Individuals
February 22, 2021
Foley Hoag LLP has once again been given the top ranking in Public International Law by Chambers and Partners Global 2021. This marks the tenth consecutive year the firm has been ranked in Band 1, the highest rating given by Chambers Global.
The firm also earned a Band 2 ranking in Business & Human Rights Law; Band 4 ranking in International Arbitration and in Latin America-wide (Global-wide); a Band 4 ranking in International Arbitration (USA); and a Band 5 ranking in International & Cross-Border Disputes (USA). The Foley Hoag attorneys recognized in the Global Guide 2021 include:
Public International Law – Global-wide
- Paul Reichler – Star Individual, given to lawyers with exceptional recommendations in their field (third consecutive year bestowed upon Reichler).
- Larry Martin – ("Larry's expertise on international law was critical to the team's formulation of legal strategies and arguments," "Small yet valuable nuances that could otherwise have been overlooked were discovered because of his meticulousness.")
- Christina Hioureas – Up and Coming ("An international lawyer who is able to think like a lawyer, a state representative and a business person all at the same time, which is very unique and refreshing.")
- Paul Reichler – (“Well regarded for his knowledge of the Latin American arbitration market, regularly representing states such as Uruguay, Nicaragua and Chile in investor-state disputes concerning infrastructure projects. He offers additional expertise acting on behalf of state-owned companies in high-value commercial arbitration cases.”)
Business & Human Rights Law – Global-wide
- Gare Smith – Eminent Practitioner ("A really established name.")
Dispute Resolution – Ecuador
- Alberto Wray – Expertise Based Abroad in USA
International Arbitration: Arbitrators – USA
- Christina Hioureas – (“Unique in that she has deep expertise in public international law but seems equally at home in purely commercial disputes. Her international background and close attention to detail are real assets to the tribunal.”)
- Paul Reichler – (“Has a wealth of experience in investor-state and state-to-state arbitration proceedings. His practice is complemented by broader public international law expertise, and he is hailed as a ‘giant in the field.’")
- Andrea Pinna – France ("Very able, very thorough and knowledgeable.”)
- Daniel Schimmel – USA, Foreign Expert for France (noted for his ability to "move very easily between civil law and common law.")
Labor & Employment – USA
- James Bucking – ("Terrific," "Thoroughly capable," with "a high-end practice with high-end clients.")
About Foley Hoag LLP
Foley Hoag provides innovative, strategic legal services to public, private and government clients across the globe. We have premier capabilities in the life sciences, healthcare, technology, energy, professional services and private funds fields, and in cross-border disputes. The diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our lawyers and staff contribute to the exceptional service we deliver to clients ranging from startups to multinational companies to sovereign states. For more information, visit www.foleyhoag.com or follow @FoleyHoag on Twitter.