Foley Hoag Promotes Eight Attorneys to Partnership
January 3, 2022
Foley Hoag LLP has announced the elevations of Allison Anderson, Christina Beharry, F. Brendan Burke, Zachary Gerson, Stephen Kenny, Sara Mattern, Madeleine Rodriguez and Anne Seymour to partnership status at the firm, effective January 1, 2022.
"These individuals have proven themselves to be trusted advisors in their respective areas, providing tremendous service and value to our clients," said Foley Hoag Co-Managing Partner Jeffrey Collins. "Our new partners have consistently demonstrated exceptional business and legal acumen, and they embody the diverse, innovative and inclusive culture that is at the core of our firm. We congratulate them on their accomplishments and look forward to their continued success."
- Allison Anderson. Anderson's practice focuses on representing and advising employers in a wide range of labor and employment matters. She routinely represents businesses before the NLRB, in labor arbitrations and in collective bargaining involving unions; litigates non-compete and trade secret cases; and defends clients against discrimination, harassment and wage and hour lawsuits.
- Christina Beharry. Beharry focuses on public international law, international arbitration, and investment policy. She has extensive experience with multi-million dollar claims across a range of industries. Beharry has published widely, including an edited book titled Contemporary and Emerging Issues on the Law of Damages and Valuation in International Investment Arbitration. Before joining Foley Hoag, she was a government lawyer representing Canada in NAFTA arbitrations and negotiating investment treaties.
- F. Brendan Burke. Burke's diverse business practice is focused on advising entrepreneurs and emerging company clients on a wide range of corporate matters, including entity formation, founder’s arrangements, angel and venture capital financings, exit strategies, and general corporate governance.
- Zachary Gerson. Gerson has been at the forefront in representing the clean energy industry in New England for more than a decade and has advised clients on some of the region’s most significant clean energy projects and policies. He represents clients developing offshore and onshore wind, solar and energy storage projects, and clients shaping policy through regulatory proceedings on smart grid investments, solar incentive programs, contract approvals and electric rates.
- Stephen Kenny. Kenny’s practice includes patent portfolio development and management, Inter Partes Review (IPR) proceedings and due diligence investigations. His experience spans a wide array of technologies concentrating on renewable energies and medical devices. Kenny also analyzes competitor patent portfolios to counsel clients on pipeline products and potential design modifications.
- Sara Mattern. Mattern advises emerging companies, climate-oriented investors and renewable energy companies on all aspects of financings and strategic development. She counsels emerging companies throughout their life cycle that are seeking to develop innovative technologies and business approaches to solving energy, sustainability and technology challenges. Mattern is also a key member of the firm’s renewable energy project finance practice, advising clients on project development, debt and tax credit transactions.
- Madeleine Rodriguez. Rodriguez's practice is built on a strong foundation of state and federal trial experience. She principally represents educational, healthcare and financial services institutions in civil cases, internal and regulatory investigations, and civil rights compliance matters. Rodriguez also represents foreign States, State-controlled entities and multinational corporations in U.S. federal courts and treaty disputes before international arbitral tribunals. Rodriguez serves as Co-Chair of Foley Hoag’s Education practice group.
- Anne Seymour. Seymour’s practice focuses on representing a range of borrowers and lenders in a variety of financing transactions, including asset-based and cash flow loans, acquisition financings, working capital facilities and high yield bonds. She also has experience advising clients on general corporate matters, including acquisitions, investments and other strategic considerations.
About Foley Hoag LLP
Foley Hoag provides innovative, strategic legal services to public, private and government clients across the globe. We have premier capabilities in the life sciences, healthcare, technology, energy, professional services and private funds fields, and in cross-border disputes. The diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our lawyers and business services professionals contribute to the exceptional service we deliver to clients ranging from startups to multinational companies to sovereign states. For more information, visit www.foleyhoag.com or follow @FoleyHoag on Twitter.