Deadlines in urban planning law matters are suspended between March 12th and May 25th. The period remaining will start again to run from the latter date.
- Case 1 : Deadlines for challenging urban planning decisions are suspended. These deadlines will start again to run from May 25th, without this duration being less than seven days.
- Example : The deadline for challenging a building permit issued January 20th is suspended on March 12th. The deadline will start again to run from May 25th, and the permit could be challenged until height days from this latter date.
- Case 2 : Deadlines for the examination of applications under the French Urban Planning Code and the Construction and Residence Code are suspended. An executive order may reduce the duration of the suspension.
- Example : An application for a building permit for an industrial facility was submitted to the Administration on March 16th, 2020. The starting point for the 3-month examination period is fixed on May 25th 2020.
- Case 3: Deadlines for exercising rights of preemption are suspended. An executive order may reduce the duration of the suspension.
- Caution : Rights of preemption applicable in urban matters, in development areas, natural areas or exercised by SAFER are concerned.
The starting points of these previous deadlines fixed during the period between March 12th and May 25th shall be postponed to the latter date.
Deadlines for participation by electronic means concerning projects, plans and programs required for the preparation, organization or conduct of the 2024 Paris Olympic and Paralympic Games shall start to run again from 17 April 2020.
Foley Hoag has formed a firm-wide, multi-disciplinary task force dedicated to client matters related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). For more guidance on your COVID-19 issues, visit our Resource Page or contact your Foley Hoag attorney.