Committee on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Mission Statement
The firm’s Committee on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion seeks to facilitate the firm’s ongoing and continuing efforts to foster a culture of mutual respect, and to attract, retain, and promote outstanding lawyers and business services professionals from all backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities.
The Committee accomplishes these tasks in the following ways:
- Helping to promote greater diversity, equity and inclusion at the firm by recommending strategic initiatives to recruit, support, and retain attorneys and business professionals from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Identifying and addressing emerging issues that could affect efforts around DE&I (culture, recruitment, retention, etc.).
- Recommending and providing feedback on new/existing initiatives that promote diversity, equity and inclusion at the firm.
- Serving as ambassadors and clear points of contact for firm personnel on matters concerning DE&I.
- Formulating recommendations for the development or modification of policies and practices that negatively impact diversity, inclusivity, and equity efforts.
- Encouraging the participation from firm’s personnel in activities designed to help improve diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace, including through the firm’s recruitment efforts.
- Visibly recognizing and communicating diversity, equity and inclusion achievements throughout Foley Hoag.
- Periodically assessing the success and/or need for improvement in the firm’s DE&I initiatives
In this way, the Committee hopes to enhance and improve the experience of everyone who works at the firm, and encourage and recognize their contributions and successes, in an inclusive, cohesive, and collegial environment.