Committee on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Mission Statement
Foley Hoag is a professional organization composed of a diverse group of individuals, including those from different races, ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic statuses, religious backgrounds, genders, gender identities and expressions, and sexual orientations. The firm’s Committee on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion seeks to facilitate the firm’s ongoing and continuing efforts to foster a culture and atmosphere of mutual respect, and to attract, retain, and promote outstanding lawyers and business professionals from all backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities.
The Committee accomplishes these tasks in the following ways:
- Consulting with the Executive Committee, other firm committees, department chairs, and the Directors of Business Development, Legal Recruiting, and Professional Development on issues of diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Fostering regular and clear communication within the firm regarding issues of diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Formal and informal training on issues relating to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Encouraging the dedication of personnel and resources to improve diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace, including through the firm’s recruitment efforts; and
- Periodic assessments of the success and need for improvement in the firm’s efforts toward greater diversity, equity and inclusion.
In this way, the Committee hopes to enhance and improve the experience of everyone who works at the firm, and encourage and recognize their contributions and successes, in an inclusive, cohesive, and collegial environment.