As a partner in Foley Hoag's Energy & Climate practice, Noah guides market participants, government entities and others through the legal, regulatory and policy issues that make up the renewable energy economy's landscape. He concentrates on the renewable energy project development, contracting, acquisition, sustainable development and clean technology practices.
Noah previously held the position of General Counsel and Secretary of the Board of Directors at the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). In this role, Noah was a senior member of New York State’s energy team and guided policy formation and designed program structures related to:
- New York state's Clean Energy Standard, including design of the program and leading the negotiation of the state's multibillion-dollar Zero Emission Credit contracts
- New York state’s Offshore Wind program, including leading all legal and regulatory work concerning contract design and compliance
- Solicitations and contracts supporting the state's large-scale renewable energy credit program
- New York State's Green Bank, including governance, compliance and related transactional matters
- The NY-Sun solar program, and
- Designing both the programmatic and regulatory frameworks for the state's electric vehicles, community solar, energy storage, Property Assessed Clean Energy, building efficiency and related initiatives