Leveraging decades of collective experience, Foley Hoag’s Emerging Company & Venture Capital practice has launched thousands of emerging companies across all types of industries - including high technology, life sciences, healthcare, clean technology, education, e-commerce and consumer products and services - and helped them grow into successful sustainable businesses. At the same time, we have represented venture capital and other investors who invest in early and growth-stage companies. Clients who work with us will draw from our attorneys’ extensive, practical experience representing both entrepreneurs and the investors who support them.
Startups and early-stage companies are a primary focus of Foley Hoag’s Emerging Company & Venture Capital practice, and our work encompasses the full life cycle for emerging companies. As your outside general counsel, we provide comprehensive support, including, among other things:
- Financings at all stages of growth – from early seed investment by angel investors to later stage venture capital and growth capital investment rounds to initial public offerings
- Intellectual property counseling, including IP prosecution, licensing and IP litigation, trademark and copyright
- Mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, joint ventures and other complex strategic transactions
- Licensing, distribution and other commercialization activities
- Employment, executive compensation, immigration and other work force related matters