Leveraging decades of collective experience, Foley Hoag’s Emerging Company and Venture Capital practice has launched thousands of emerging companies across all types of industries - including high technology, life sciences, healthcare, clean technology, education, e-commerce and consumer products and services - and helped them grow into successful sustainable businesses. At the same time, we have represented venture capital and other investors who invest in early and growth-stage companies. Clients who work with us will draw from our attorneys’ extensive, practical experience representing both entrepreneurs and the investors who support them.
Startups and early-stage companies are a primary focus of Foley Hoag’s Emerging Company and Venture Capital practice, and our work encompasses the full life cycle for emerging companies. As your outside general counsel, we provide comprehensive support, including, among other things:
- Financings at all stages of growth – from early seed investment by angel investors to later stage venture capital and growth capital investment rounds to initial public offerings
- Intellectual property counseling, including IP prosecution, licensing and IP litigation, trademark and copyright
- Mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, joint ventures and other complex strategic transactions
- Licensing, distribution and other commercialization activities
- Employment, executive compensation, immigration and other work force related matters