- Represented global biopharmaceutical company Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ALXN) in a partnership with Complement Pharma to co-develop a pre-clinical C6 complement inhibitor for neurodegenerative disorders.
- Advised Calithera Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: CALA), a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company, as it entered into a worldwide license agreement with TransTech Pharma, granting Calithera exclusive rights to research, develop and commercialize TransTech's portfolio of hexokinase II inhibitors.
- Advised NextCODE Health, LLC in its sale of its wholly-owned operating subsidiary, NextCODE Health Luxembourg, S.a.r.l. to WuXi Genomics, Inc.
- Advised Zosano Pharma Corporation (Nasdaq: ZSAN) in its exclusive licensing agreement with Eli Lilly and Company to develop ZP-PTH -- Zosano’s proprietary formulation of parathyroid hormone 1-34 (PTH) -- using Zosano’s microneedle patch system for the treatment of osteoporosis patients.
- Advised OliPass Corporation, a Korean biopharmaceutical company, in negotiating a worldwide collaboration agreement with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMS) to develop antisense therapeutics against multiple targets using OliPass’s technology.
- Represented a fabless semiconductor company in its licensing of technology and patents from IBM.
- Represented a software company in licensing to state health insurance exchanges established by the Affordable Care Act.
- Represented developer of software and hardware systems for position tracking in collaboration agreement with a sports media company.
- Represented a maker of software used for Internet data caching in its licensing of its software to a major Indian telecommunications network.
- Crafted an early stage discovery and equity investment deal for an MIT renewable energy spinoff, with a major transportation fuels partner and early stage venture capital investor.
- Advising energy client on potential joint venture with Latin American based energy conglomerate.
- Representing major multinational client in “smart room” joint venture.
- Represented tracking technologies pioneer Position Imaging Inc. (PI) in its partnership with Bell and Howell to provide complete installation and maintenance service of PI’s new retail Smart Package Room solution for retail customers across North America.
- Represented tracking technologies pioneer Position Imaging Inc. (PI) in its partnership with global technology firm Hitachi-LG Data Storage, Inc. (HLDS) for the production and manufacturing of its revolutionary Amoeba product line of innovative package tracking systems.
- Represent a major automotive manufacturer in a wide variety of matters, such as inbound software and technology licensing, outbound data licensing, strategic alliance with a public company, and development of form agreements including a master services agreement, purchasing agreement, and confidentiality agreement. Also advised on protection and licensing of its brand-name trademarks, including advising on and negotiating licenses to authorized dealers and other affiliates.
- Represented a brand name shoe manufacturer and distributor in its acquisition of licenses to use a number of famous fashion trademarks on its shoe lines.
- Advised a fitness company in connection with securing, registering and licensing the brand for use by gyms, fitness studios and individual instructors nationwide.
- Regularly provide counsel to emerging technology companies on early stage research agreements, including with AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, Medtronic, Sanofi, Stryker and Texas Instruments.
- Represent companies in-licensing IP from academic institutions such as Harvard, MIT, Whitehead Institute, Johns Hopkins and UCSF, as well as represent institutions (e.g. Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber and Tufts) in out-licensing intellectual property.