OverviewFoley Hoag’s attorneys can help you understand and maneuver through issues and manage risks inherent in the maintenance, protection, use and disclosure of sensitive data. We are dedicated to keeping you a step ahead, using practical experience to guide your business through every facet of the privacy and data security challenges it may face. Members of our Privacy & Data Security team are widely sought-after for their expertise and experience, and have spoken at numerous programs and provided insights to media outlets including Bloomberg, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, Politico and Law360.
Our Privacy & Data Security practice group provides a comprehensive suite of services that address the myriad legal and policy challenges:
- Complying with state, federal and international laws – including the CCPA, CPRA, SHIELD and GDPR – that govern information security, identity theft and surveillance.
- Complying with HIPAA, and the FTCs and GLBA privacy and security requirements.
- Assisting with state and federal investigations (including by the FTC, SEC and OCR).
- Developing privacy and information security policies.
- Negotiating third-party data security agreements.
- Investigating, litigating and resolving security incidents, including competitive espionage and proprietary data leaks.
- Counseling on corporate governance.
- Advising clients on safeguarding company records, financial information and other valuable information assets.
- Providing data privacy specific due diligence in mergers and acquisitions.