- Assisted multiple companies in the tech, start-up, life sciences and health insurance spaces, among others, with assessing and structuring data privacy compliance protocols, including drafting privacy policies and reviewing third-party contracts.Compliance work involves both U.S. privacy laws and the European Union’s GDPR.
- Assisted technology and telecommunications company in crafting government-mandated security policy to protect against unique security threats.
Data Breach Investigation and Response
- Represented start-up tech company with data breach response arising from third-party vendor security breach affecting individuals in multiple states and in EU countries.
- Represented social media company with a data breach response affecting individuals globally.
- Represented health care provider in response to ransomware attack.
- Represented vendor (and HIPAA business asosciate) to health care providers in responding to data security incident.
Litigation and Government Investigations
- Defended mid-stage technology company, large manufacturing company and large investment company from breach of contract claims arising from respective “man in the middle” attacks that resulted, in each case, in the fraudulent diversion of millions of dollars.
- Represented life sciences company with data breach response that affected hundreds of thousands of individuals nationwide and implicated HIPAA, requiring law enforcement engagement, response notification, and responses to requests from government agencies.