Video Games and Interactive Media
January 1, 2012
The software and technology industry is dynamic and evolving. Foley Hoag’s interdisciplinary team counsels and advances the interests of its video game and interactive media clients as they face new marketplace realities, challenges and risks.
Foley Hoag has long been an essential partner to software and technology companies. We have worked on many important industry milestones, including the first initial public offering (IPO) of a software product company. As the interactive media sector has grown, Foley Hoag has continued to provide strategic and innovative advice to growing clients such as SCVNGR and Red 5 Studios.
Foley Hoag provides a broad range of services to our interactive media clients, including:
- Starting up your business, including choosing the right type of entity
- Ongoing corporate counsel and advice
- Contracts and licensing, including publishing agreements, content and engine licenses, and user licenses
- Intellectual property protection, including brand protection, patent prosecution and copyright advice
- Financing, including angel rounds, venture capital investment and debt financing
- Mergers, acquisitions and strategic alliances
- Employment-related advice to help attract, fairly compensate and retain game developers
- Litigation, including in the areas of employment, intellectual property and commercial disputes