In 1943, Henry Foley and Garrett Hoag shared a vision to revolutionize the culture of the legal profession. At the time, most law firms were exclusionary and rigid, and rewarded conformity rather than innovative thinking. To the contrary, Foley and Hoag realized a firm that valued creative, critical thinking and individual merit would foster broad-based success and evolution. This commitment is the foundation of a high-performing law firm with a long record of success across a wide range of industries.
- Combining the best of tradition and innovation, our lawyers practice at the highest strata of the profession and deliver the best level of client service. We evolve and adapt with the law, allowing us to anticipate trends in the law and specific industries.
- We value personal relationships with our clients. By blending inspired innovation with face-to-face interactions, we have created a method to approach our work with multifaceted vantage points and, as a result, a high rate of success.
- We have established deep roots in the Boston-area entrepreneurial and technological communities. We work closely with these organizations from inception through financing, growth and maturity.
- Our distinguished alumni include global business leaders, general counsel of leading companies, a U.S. senator, a U.S. ambassador, accomplished state policy leaders, university presidents and the first African-American partner at a Boston law firm.
- We invest in our local and global communities through endeavors such as the Foley Hoag Foundation.
We like to believe that our founders did revolutionize the legal culture. We’re proudly continuing the commitment they made years ago.