Foley Hoag LLP's International Litigation & Arbitration Practice Group and several of its lawyers have been recognized for excellence and accomplishments in the 2021 edition of The Legal 500 United States
. The group was ranked in the Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution: International Litigation categories.
The directory provides an objective analysis on leading law firms in the U.S. market in various areas of law. Rankings are based on in-depth research, including feedback from clients and peers, to highlight firms with a truly national presence and the capability to handle sophisticated and complex work.
Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration
The following individuals were also recognized as key lawyers: Lawrence Martin, Paul Reichler, Constantinos Salonidis, Joseph Klingler, Daniel Schimmel, Mark Clodfelter, Christina Hioureas, Sudhanshu Roy and Clara Brillembourg.
Special recognition was given to Salonidis as a "Next Generation Partner." The Legal 500 United States
also shared specific feedback on Foley Hoag's international arbitration work:
Dispute Resolution: International Litigation
- “An incredibly deep bench of public international law and international dispute resolution specialists.”
- “Foley Hoag’s international arbitration practice is unique as it focuses almost exclusively on representing sovereign states in inter-state and investor-state cases. The team has represented clients in a wide range of fora and under a plethora or rules. The level of diversity within the firm is outstanding.”
- “Constantinos Salonidis in Washington D.C. has an outstanding knowledge and understanding of the international arbitration / international law landscape and its actors. In addition to being an exceptional solution-driven strategist, he has the ability to set up effective teams for the needs of every single case. He is perceptive and always listens to his peers. Inventiveness and unconventional thinking are undoubtedly two of his top qualities – very much needed nowadays due to the complicated nature of international disputes.”
- “I have worked extensively with associate Joseph Klingler. Definitely one of the rising stars of the firm’s practice. Knowledgeable, committed, and able to decrypt difficult factual backgrounds.”
The following individuals were also recognized as key lawyers: Paul Reichler, Lawrence Martin, Derek Smith, Daniel Schimmel, Constantinos Salonidis, Tafadzwa Pasipanodya and Christina Hioureas.
The Legal 500 United States also shared specific feedback on Foley Hoag's international litigation work:
- "In-depth mastery of public international law and its long practice before the International Court of Justice."
- “I highly appreciate their expertise in international arbitration as well as their ability to give prompt answers to legal issues of foreign jurisdictions.”
- “I believe that the international character of the firm, their deep knowledge of the international arbitration field and the wise choice of the people involved are firm’s strong assets.”
- “Constantinos Salonidis is a leader with a team-spirit, deep knowledge of practice, a strategy-maestro and a person of natural good manners.”