Rankings and Accolades
See our firm through the eyes of our peers. Here is a sample of honors of which we’re especially proud:
- Foley Hoag received the 2019 Thurgood Marshall Award from the Boston Bar Association (BBA), honoring our pro bono work in the greater Boston area.
- Law 360 - Named Foley Hoag a Regional Powerhouse (2018 and 2019), awarded to law firms handling some of the biggest deals and most high-profile courtroom battles that make a lasting impact on the law at the state and local level.
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2020) – International arbitration practice noted nationally; ranked 27 Foley Hoag LLP lawyers and 11 practice areas.
- Chambers and Partners Global (2020) – Top ranking in Public International Law. This marks the eighth consecutive year the firm has been ranked in Band 1. In addition, the firm earned rankings in Business & Human Rights Law and International Arbitration (Latin America-wide); International Arbitration (USA); International Arbitration (Global-wide); and International & Cross-Border Disputes (USA). 11 Foley Hoag lawyers were also recognized.
- Yale Law Women named Foley Hoag a top firm for parental and caregiver leave in its Top Firms for Gender Equity & Family Friendliness 2020 report. Yale Law Women also included Foley Hoag on its 2016 list of the nation's Top 10 Family Friendly Firms in legal industry. Results determined by data collected from firm policies relating to part-time and flex-time, parental/family leaves and accommodations, gender equity, billing requirements, professional development and pro bono.
- The Best Lawyers in America – Listed 32 Foley Hoag lawyers in its 2021 edition.
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers – Recognized Foley Hoag with 19 national rankings and 33 regional rankings in its 2020 edition of the “Best Law Firms.”
- Lawyers for Civil Rights (formerly the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Economic Justice) - Honored Foley Hoag with the 2018 Keeper of the Flame Award in recognition of the firm's visionary leadership in helping launch the Lawyers’ Committee back in 1968.
- Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index – Foley Hoag received a perfect score ranking on the Human Rights Campaign's 2020 Corporate Equality Index. Businesses achieving a rating of 100 percent in the report are recognized by the Human Rights Campaign as a “Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality.”
- Multicultural Law magazine – Top 100 firms for diversity.