Rankings and Accolades
See our firm through the eyes of our peers. Here is a sample of honors of which we’re especially proud:
- Foley Hoag received a 2020 Tipping the Scales Award from the Diversity and Flexibility Alliance in recognition of dedication to diversity and inclusion within the firm’s partnership.
- Foley Hoag's International Litigation & Arbitration Practice was recognized as “Practice Group of the Year” for International Arbitration by Law360 (2020) and “Arbitration Team of the Year” by Jus Mundi (2020).
- Foley Hoag was honored as part of the COVID Relief Coalition at the Boston Bar Association's 2020 Beacon Awards for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, receiving the organization's Empowerment Award.
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2021) – International arbitration practice and Cannabis practice noted nationally; ranked 32 Foley Hoag LLP lawyers and 14 practice areas.
- Chambers and Partners Global (2021) – Top ranking in Public International Law. This marks the tenth consecutive year the firm has been ranked in Band 1. In addition, the firm earned rankings in Business & Human Rights Law; International Arbitration (Latin America-wide); International Arbitration (USA); International Arbitration (Global-wide); and International & Cross-Border Disputes (USA). Eight Foley Hoag lawyers were also recognized.
- Yale Law Women (YLW) named Foley Hoag a top firm for Part-Time Options in its 2021 Top Firms for Gender Equity & Family Friendliness Report. The firm was also previously named a top firm for parental and caregiver leave in YLW's 2020 report, and was listed among its Top 10 Family Friendly Firms in the legal industry in 2016. Results are determined by data collected from firm policies relating to part-time and flex-time, parental/family leaves and accommodations, gender equity, billing requirements, professional development and pro bono.
- Law360 - Named Foley Hoag a Regional Powerhouse (2018 and 2019), awarded to law firms handling some of the biggest deals and most high-profile courtroom battles that make a lasting impact on the law at the state and local level
- The Best Lawyers in America – Listed 32 Foley Hoag lawyers in its 2021 edition.
- Foley Hoag received the 2019 Thurgood Marshall Award from the Boston Bar Association (BBA), honoring our pro bono work in the greater Boston area.
- Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index – Foley Hoag received a perfect score ranking on the Human Rights Campaign's 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Businesses achieving a rating of 100 percent in the report are recognized by the Human Rights Campaign as a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality.
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers – Recognized Foley Hoag with 17 national rankings and 31 regional rankings in its 2021 edition of the “Best Law Firms.”
- Lawyers for Civil Rights (formerly the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Economic Justice) - Honored Foley Hoag with the 2018 Keeper of the Flame Award in recognition of the firm's visionary leadership in helping launch the Lawyers’ Committee back in 1968.
- Multicultural Law magazine – Top 100 firms for diversity.