MERGERS, JOINT VENTURES AND STRATEGIC ALLIANCES CLEARANCE.
We can help you advance your business goals without running afoul of federal and state antitrust laws. Our team includes former senior lawyers from state AG offices, including one former AG, as well as attorneys who worked at the FTC, which provides us with unique informed perspective.
Because of our years of experience as successful litigators, we can identify and defend the legitimate business reasons motivating conduct that is challenged in litigation and convince courts and governmental agencies to dismiss claims.
We have a robust counseling practice and work to help clients anticipate and avoid antitrust problems. Our team is adept at issue spotting with regards to potential antitrust risks:
- Pricing decisions
- Meetings and other exchanges of information with competitors
- Trade association activity
- Refusals to deal
- Exclusive dealing and tying restrictions
- Interlocking Directorates
- Managing supplier and customer relations
- Distribution and franchise issues
- Restrictive licensing and other restrictions related to intellectual property
- Dealer terminations
- Standard setting, both public and private