Foley Hoag Promotes Eight Attorneys to Partnership
December 7, 2018
Foley Hoag LLP has announced the elevations of Jesse Alderman, Sarah Burg, Brendan Jones, Michael Licker, Erica Rice, Prithvi Tanwar, Adam Wade and Lucas Watkins to partnership status at the firm, effective January 1, 2019.
"These exceptional attorneys represent our firm's core strengths that are built on client service, professionalism, collegiality and legal excellence," said Foley Hoag co-managing partner Kenneth Leonetti. "We are very proud of their individual contributions to the firm, and enthusiastically welcome them to the partnership."
- Jesse Alderman. Alderman concentrates his practice on environmental and real estate matters and infrastructure development, with a focus on state and municipal regulatory matters and permitting. He co-founded the firm’s Cannabis practice, and assists clients with municipal and state permits, regulatory compliance and investment matters. He is an accomplished litigator, having secured victories for municipalities, public authorities and businesses in federal and state courts.
- Sarah Burg. Burg's practice focuses on representing biotechnology, pharmaceutical and health care clients in patent litigation and other technology-related commercial disputes. She has experience representing clients in a wide variety of proceedings before federal and state courts, administrative agencies and arbitration panels. Burg also counsels clients in connection with patent licensing and due diligence matters.
- Brendan Jones. Jones is a registered patent attorney in Foley Hoag's Intellectual Property group. He represents clients before the PTAB in post-grant patent proceedings and in federal court in patent litigation proceedings. Jones also manages worldwide prosecution of biotechnology-related patent portfolios and advises clients on intellectual property strategy.
- Michael Licker. Licker focuses his practice on white-collar crime and government investigations, complex civil litigation and bankruptcy matters. He has represented companies and their executives in government investigations relating to a wide array of matters, including in the healthcare and life sciences industries, and with respect to the False Claims Act. Licker also has a diverse general litigation practice, including trial experience in federal, bankruptcy and state courts.
- Erica Rice. Rice maintains a broad corporate practice, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and emerging growth companies/venture capital. She represents public and private buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions, and has extensive experience counseling early and mid-stage companies regarding entity formation, founder arrangements, financings, licensing agreements, exit strategies and general corporate governance.
- Prithvi Tanwar. Tanwar works with U.S. and international early and growth stage technology companies as general counsel. He helps companies and their founders to incorporate and protect their intellectual property. As clients mature, he advises them on raising capital, developing internal policies, negotiating commercial agreements and other day-to-day legal issues and eventually through their exit opportunities and transactions.
- Adam Wade. Wade is a renewable energy attorney who represents project sponsors, developers and customers in distributed generation and large-scale renewables projects. He provides advice in connection with tax equity, debt financings and emergent regulatory matters and business models. His experience includes work in offshore and onshore wind, solar, fuel cells, hydrogen infrastructure and stand-alone and solar-integrated energy storage.
- Lucas Watkins. Dr. Watkins counsels clients in the chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. He advises companies ranging in size from large multinationals to start-ups on their exclusivity strategies and patent portfolios. He has litigated patent infringement and trade secret actions before U.S. district courts, international arbitration panels, the U.S. International Trade Commission and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
About Foley Hoag LLP
Foley Hoag provides innovative, strategic legal services to public, private and government clients across the globe. We have premier capabilities in the life sciences, healthcare, technology, energy, professional services and private funds fields, and in cross-border disputes. The diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our lawyers and business services professionals contribute to the exceptional service we deliver to clients ranging from startups to multinational companies to sovereign states. For more information, visit www.foleyhoag.com or follow @FoleyHoag on Twitter.